- All participants must be 5 years of age or older, and all children 7 and under must be accompanied by and adult in the boat.
- Life jackets must be brought and worn by all participants when racing.
- Boats must be made of cardboard.
- NO metal, wood or plastic structures allowed.
- Plastic sheeting is not allowed. A builder may use sealant, wax, paint and/or tape.
- Boats may not exceed 16 feet in length except for the ‘Luxury Liner’ category.
- At least two but no more than four people per boat are allowed except for Luxury Liners which may have 4 or more.
- No motors allowed. Paddles or hands for power.
- Boats may be raced in heats with times determining place finishes in each category.
- Race course for children will be approximately 50 yards. All other categories will be about 100.
- Registration is $10 per boat in advance or $15 on the day of the event.
Before the race, prizes will be awarded for beauty, design and creativity. Boats will be judged in the following categories:
- Best design/crew costumes
- Best team effort/ spirit
- Most Creativity
- Most likely to float
- Titanic (most likely to sink)
- Pride of the Regatta
To ensure that everyone has an equal chance, the races will be divided into the following nine categories:
- Open to age 7 - 14
- Parent and Child (as young as 5)
- Open age 15 – 50
- Open age 51 and older
- Luxury Liner (4 or more crew)
- Business Boats (2-4 crew)
- Grand finale is for all classes of boats still floating